The S-Words Podcast

The Latest S-word: Tony Stark.
suggestion? email us

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Now that Kevin is starting to settle into his new home, he has time to edit and put up the episodes we recorded over a week ago. Don't worry, we should be having one up a day (so 3 episodes this week). This week we take a look at some of our childhood nostalgia and look at cartoons we grew up with (thought Saturday Morning Cartoons is the real topic, we felt we should stray to get the whole topic covered). Please enjoy and we apologize for the lateness that this episode was put up.

Intro/Outro Music: Transformers Theme (from the 80's cartoon)

11 Responses to “Saturday Morning Cartoons”

1. Zero47 says:

Batman TAS was definitely my childhood.
    Sadly I didn't have access to most of the early Disney stuff, but there was definitely a lot of things you guys mentioned that I remember fondly.

2. Chris says:

Seeing as I grew up in a different time period, Saturday cartoons were Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Tale Spin, Power Rangers, TMNT, and Loony tunes

3. JWilliams says:

I remember a fair number of the cartoons you guys mentioned... Although you didn't mention Samurai Pizza Cats, which was my childhood favourite. I went back and watched some of it after listening to the podcast... there is no way I understood half those jokes when I was four. I still had to look up what "expectorate" meant now. In general when I was growing up (in New Zealand) Saturday morning programming was quite lobotomized-anime heavy, so I saw a lot of Battle of the Planets and Voltron as well.

4. Never fear Soung! *I* remember The Electric Company! Trivia: Morgan Freeman was on that show. I remember him singing "There's a Hole in The Bottom of the Sea".

5. Alex says:

You guys are so young. I remember The Electric Company, and that it actually had Spider-Man on it (as "Spidey").

Also, did you know that the Jackson Five and the Harlem Globetrotters both had Saturday morning cartoon shows?

• Soung says:

Yes, I remember Spidey on the Electric Company. It was one of the reasons I liked it so much, although I had forgotten about that fact till you mentioned it. And I remember the Harlem Globtrotters cartoon, but not the Jackson 5 one. But I did grow up watching Fat Albert if that counts.

6. Sarren says:

@JWilliams:

7. Shauna says:

omg The Magic School Bus.
    I actually learned quite about of science from that show.

and Power Rangers. :D

8. smab says:

I forgot about gambit and the cards but apparently it's been deep in my subcontinents and explains why I keep trying to throw the cards at my brother that he keeps near his door.

9. Tomfoolery says:

Street Sharks!

10. Myrna Duran says:

@JWilliams: OMG you 've seen Samurai Pizza Cats too? Wow, I loved that show, but looking back it is so cheesy. I still enjoy it though.